Two opportunities have arisen to join the James Hutton Limited Board commencing October/November/December 2017.
The experience and skills that would be sought in a Director would include:
* Clear demonstration of the ability to operate at Board level, most likely through previous strategic/Board level experience, preferably previous experience in a Non-Executive Director role and in a science-based organisation.
* Senior role in a commercial or entrepreneurial organisation preferably in agri-food, oil and gas or water and related sectors
* Experience of building effective commercial relationships including the generation of income or with excellent sales and marketing experience
* Can demonstrate a strong commitment to equality and diversity, preferably with experience of leading positive culture change in similar size organisations
* An ability to work strategically and collaboratively at a senior level with knowledge of excellent corporate governance
* Significant business acumen
* Ability to lead change successfully and positively influence individuals and organisations
* Strong networking skills preferably with a significant commercial network
These positions attract a remuneration of £500 P.C.M. Appointments will be for an initial three-year period which may be extended for one further three year period. The time commitment for a member, including attending board meetings, is approximately 10 days per annum.
The deadline for applications is 14th July 2017 Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview in Edinburgh on 24th August 2017.
Further information is available from www.hutton.ac.uk/careers.
James Hutton Limited has a positive attitude towards diversity including gender balance amongst its staff, students and Board members.